Your privacy and the integrity of any information you provide are important to us. GAMETV has developed the following policy pursuant to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, 2000 c.5. (the “Privacy Act”).
What Type Of Information Is Collected
In the course of operating the GAMETV Sites, GAMETV may collect both Non-Personal Information and Personal Information about its users.
“Non-Personal Information” is information of an anonymous nature, including but not limited to your Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”), the type and version of browser or operating system you may be using, and the website you may have come from and visit next. Aggregate information compiled by GAMETV, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors, average time spent on a GAMETV Site and ads clicked through, is also considered Non-Personal Information.
Non-Personal Information is collected or derived by us in the course of operating the GAMETV Sites. For example, our web servers may automatically collect Non-Personal Information which is provided through your browser or stored on a Cookie or through a Web Beacon when you choose to visit a GAMETV Site. Non-Personal Information is used by GAMETV as described below.
During normal website usage, it is possible to use GAMETV Sites without communicating any personal information. However, to make use of certain features on our sites, such as interactive and traditional games and contests, quizzes, promotions, personalized services, subscriptions or newsletters, users may be asked to register with the GAMETV Sites. As part of this voluntary registration, GAMETV may request contact information and other data required for operating these services.
“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number and birth date. GAMETV can only collect Personal Information from you if you voluntarily provide it. By sending us a comment or suggestion, by entering any available chatroom, forum or bulletin board, by submitting any text, video or audio clip or picture, or by entering an interactive and traditional game or contest that is posted on a GAMETV Site, you will be consenting to the collection, use and distribution of your Personal Information by GAMETV and its business partners and service providers for the purposes set out below. You are under no obligation to provide GAMETV with Personal Information and can access and enjoy many parts of the GAMETV Sites without providing any Personal Information. Among other things, the following is a representative list of reasons GAMETV may ask for your Personal Information:
- To run interactive and traditional contests and games, select entrants, and choose prize winners;
- To provide a fair playing environment for all users and to protect the integrity of the GAMETV Sites;
- To respond to your questions or the comments you e-mail to us or when you contact any of our customer service representatives;
- To provide you with newsletters, direct mail or other information about our programming, special offers or services;
- To run and facilitate chatrooms, bulletin boards and forums;
- To distribute to sponsors and advertisers who run the interactive and traditional contests and games and/or for purposes of marketing by our sponsors and advertisers; and
- To conduct market research (on our own or through our business partners and service providers).
- To keep aggregate information on website use.
GAMETV may receive Personal Information from its business partners and other third parties, provided that such third parties confirm to us that they have obtained your consent to the disclosure of your Personal Information. GAMETV will not use this information except for the purposes that you have consented to with GAMETV’s business partners or other third parties who collected the information. GAMETV can rely on the representations of its business partners and other third parties that the proper consents were obtained when the Personal Information was collected.
How Your Personal Information Will Be Used By GAMETV
In addition to the uses above, GAMETV uses Personal Information for feedback and marketing purposes, to promote goods and services GAMETV believes you may be interested in, to provide a product or service requested by you, to notify you of changes to its products and services, and to customize and improve the content and layout of the GAMETV Sites. If you wish to modify the ways that GAMETV contact you, please contact us or use the “unsubscribe” link included in all email messages sent on our behalf. In addition and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, GAMETV may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing you with the services and information you have requested from us, including your use of the GAMETV Sites. GAMETV may from time to time use your Personal Information to contact you about changes, enhancements or similar notices related to the GAMETV Sites;
- If you indicated that you were interested in receiving offers or information from GAMETV or certain of our selected sponsors or advertisers, GAMETV and its business partners and service providers may send you email materials and other mailings about products and services that GAMETV feels may be of interest to you. If at any time you would like to end your subscription to any such email materials, follow the directions for unsubscribing posted at the bottom of the email material;
- If you enter an interactive and traditional contest, game or other promotion offered on a GAMETV Site, GAMETV may, under the rules of the promotion, use your name and certain other information to administer the promotion, such as contacting, announcing and promoting the winners of the promotion; and
- GAMETV may also use Personal Information if it has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful when investigating a contravention of a federal, provincial or foreign law or in order to protect or defend a legal interest; and
- GAMETV may ask for your permission to use your Personal Information for other purposes, for example, to send you an email newsletter or for other marketing purposes.
With Whom Your Personal Information May Be Shared
Your Personal Information will not be sold or rented to anyone.
GAMETV will only disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- Where you have specifically given us your consent to disclose your Personal Information for a designated purpose;
- Who are acting on our behalf as our agents, suppliers or service providers, solely to enable us to more efficiently provide you with the requested services. GAMETV will only provide Personal Information as is necessary in the circumstances will be provided. Such entities act under strict contractual controls, requiring them to maintain the confidentiality of all such Personal Information and to use such Personal Information solely for purposes related to the provision of the services;
- As may be set out in the Terms and Conditions applicable to a GAMETV Site, to facilitate the provision of such service, such as fulfilling legal requirements;
- As required by law, including by an order of any court, institution or body with jurisdiction or authority to compel the production of information, or in order to protect or defend a legal interest; or
How Non-Personal Information Will Be Used By GAMETV
Non-Personal Information is used generally by GAMETV to monitor and improve the operation of the GAMETV Sites, to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our users, to measure user demographics and interests regarding specific GAMETV Services, to describe our services to third parties such as prospective business partners and advertisers and to analyze how and where best to use our resources. No Personal Information will be disclosed during these activities.
GAMETV also may share this information with our affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and advertisers. GAMETV may use Non-Personal Information to inform our sponsors and advertisers as to the performance of a particular sponsorship (such as an interactive and traditional contest or game) or advertisement. In such case GAMETV may disclose to those third-party sponsors and advertisers the overall aggregate demographics available regarding, for example who participated in an interactive and traditional contest or game or who saw and â€œclickedâ€ on an advertisement. No Personal Information will be disclosed to these sponsors and advertisers as part of this process (unless you have consented to such disclosure); only information in an anonymous, aggregate form will be disclosed without your explicit consent.
What Cookies Are and How They Are Used
Please note certain features on our sites may not function if you do not accept Cookies.
An IP Address is the unique number which is assigned to every direct Internet access point. IP Addresses do not contain any Personal Information. When you, through your browser, request a web page or similar Internet information from another computer on the Internet, your browser automatically provides that computer with an IP address to which it will send the requested information.
Whenever you request a GAMETV web page or certain other similar GAMETV content, your browser automatically provides our computers with your IP Address, to which our computers will send the requested information. Each such request is logged by our computers with information including the IP Address of the computer that requested the page and is stored by our computers as needed for the purposes described in this policy.
GAMETV may use your IP Address to display more appropriate and relevant content and advertising, such as content and advertising based on your geographic area. Aggregate information derived from IP Addresses may be reported by GAMETV to its advertisers and partners. For example, GAMETV may report to its advertisers the estimated total number of users accessing a particular GAMETV Site from a specific province.
GAMETV may use your IP Address to facilitate the diagnoses and remedy of a technical problem reported by you or our technical team.
Certain GAMETV services may contain electronic images known as Web Beacons – sometimes called single-pixel gifs – that allow GAMETV to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. Web Beacons are not used to access your Personal Information. They are a technique used to compile aggregated statistics about GAMETV Site usage. Web Beacons collect only a limited set of information including a Cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides. Certain GAMETV Sites may also contain Web Beacons placed there by our advertising partners to help GAMETV determine the effectiveness of our Internet advertising campaigns.
How You Can Update, Access or Delete your Personal Information
At any time, you may remove your Personal Information from our database by emailing us at email@example.com with your username and â€œremove meâ€ in the subject line.
;Links to Other Sites and Advertisement
A GAMETV Site may contain links to other websites and services. While GAMETV tries to link only to sites and services that share our high standards and respect for privacy, please understand that GAMETV is not responsible for the content of, or the privacy practices employed by, other companies or websites. This policy applies only to the GAMETV Sites referencing this policy.
GAMETV will try to ensure that information about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, please inform GAMETV to whom you provided your information of any change of name, address or other information. In the event you have questions about the accuracy of factual information GAMETV has collected about you, you will have access to that information in order to verify and update it. If GAMETV has disclosed inaccurate information about you to a third party, GAMETV will be pleased to contact the third party in order to correct the information.
Questions, Concerns or Suggestions?