For Immediate Release – March 23, 2017
ANTHEM’S GAMETV LAUNCHES IN HD ON
BELL FIBE TV
TORONTO – Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp. announced today that Canadian specialty network GameTV will be launching on Bell’s Fibe TV service across Ontario and Quebec.
Effective March 23, 2017, GameTV can be found in high-definition (HD) on channel 1624 and standard-definition (SD) on channel 624.
“We are thrilled to announce a new launch for GameTV on Bell’s Fibe TV platform,” said Anthony Cicione, president of GameTV. “This marks another important milestone for GameTV during an exciting period of growth and expansion, as we unveil new programming and look toward the future.”
Below are some of the new programming highlights for GameTV this March.
• Betty’s back! On Betty White’s Off Their Rockers, her and her fearless gang of senior citizens are on a mission, playing the most hilarious pranks on an unsuspecting younger generation on this hidden-camera series. It’s payback time.
• On Showdown of the Unbeatables, the best American companies do battle with their prize products. Super strength bomb-proof glass faces off against the extremely powerful waterjet. A vacuum truck capable of pulling 360 cubic feet per minute tackles the 22,000-pound electo-lift magnet. Fireproof fabric takes on a scorching hot, military torch. Who will win the showdown each week?
• New movie premieres in March include Wall Street, Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, Predators, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, A-Team and more.
Below are some of the new series coming this April.
• On Celebrity Name Game, hosted by Craig Ferguson, celebrities are teamed with contestants to identify famous names in various categories, combining the best of pop culture with the best of comedy in a hilarious half-hour.
• Shark Tank, the critically acclaimed and cultural defining reality series that has reinvigorated entrepreneurship in North America, showcases budding entrepreneurs getting the chance to bring their dreams to fruition by presenting their ideas to the sharks in the tank – five titans of industry who made their own dreams a reality and turned their ideas into lucrative empires.
GameTV is already available in over 9.5 million homes across Canadian cable, satellite and IPTV systems.
For More Information Contact:
Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp. Ariel Shnerer
Director, Programming & Communications
GameTV is a Canadian channel specializing in game-related programming such as game shows, competition-based shows, reality series, movies and sports. The channel is available in over 9 million homes in digital basic on IPTV, cable and satellite systems throughout the territory. GameTV is a subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp.
, a leading global sports media company. For more information, visit www.iGameTV.com, Facebook.com/GameTV and @GameTVCanada on Twitter.
About Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp.
Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp.
is a global sports media company and a leader in operating targeted specialty video channels on linear, digital and mobile platforms with offices and studios in New York, Toronto, and Los Angeles. Anthem’s portfolio includes Fight Network,
the world’s premier combat sports channel now broadcasting in the U.S., Canada and over 30 other countries, Fantasy Sports Network (FNTSY), the world’s first and only channel dedicated to fantasy sports, GameTV, a Canadian channel specializing in game-related programming such as game shows, reality series, movies and sports available in over 9 million homes, IMPACT Wrestling
, a professional wrestling promotion specializing in television properties, events, products, merchandise, music, as well as the management and promotion of professional wrestlers, RotoExperts.com
, a leader in fantasy sports news and analysis, DailyRoto.com
, the most comprehensive and far-reaching daily fantasy sports website and Edge Sport
, an extreme and action sports network recently launched in Canada in partnership with IMG. Anthem also has a significant ownership interest in Pursuit Channel
, one of the top outdoor channels in the U.S. available in over 40 million homes, and it owns SportsGrid.com
, a leader in general sports entertainment commentary.